ModTel is now an ITSP…Internet Telephony Service Provider, providing SIP Trunking. That means that we now provide our customers with a way to “cut the cord” from traditional/higher cost providers. Plus, you can keep your existing phone system (i.e. Nortel/Norstar) if you’d like. We just install a gateway between your equipment and the lines you purchase from us. This is a great option to add lines to an existing system, without the high costs and long term contracts.
What you need:
- Reliable, high speed internet service (minimum 1Mbps upload speed).
- To be contract free with your current provider (they usually charge a very high contract cancellation fee). This doesn’t apply if you’re just adding lines, not switching your whole service.
- Hardware (an FXS Gateway) costing about $35 per line+installation … or an IP PBX … a one time cost, and you own it.
- And of course, you need a desire to save a lot of money.
What we provide:
- High quality voice calling
- Unlimited local inbound calls
- 5000 minutes Canadian outbound calls
- $0.04/minute US Long Distance
- Number Porting (keep your existing #) for $30 one time fee
- And all these features:
Caller ID w/ Name, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, Caller ID Block, Call Transfer, 3-Way Calling, Online Account, Do Not Disturb, Anonymous Call Block, Choose Your Own Area Code, Keep Your Number If You Move, Softphone Access, Online Call Logs, View Voicemails Online, Voicemails E-Mailed, Virtual Numbers, Network Failover Forwarding…and more!
If you want to switch over to VoIP entirely (i.e. a new phone system), we offer a cost effective solution for that as well. Check it out HERE