When adding a phone to an existing system, you’ll need to assign the system lines to that extension…in order to make or receive calls from that phone. Here’s how to do that.
First, we need to find out the extension number of that phone.
From that phone, dial Feature, *, 0 (zero) and then press an intercom button (usually the 2nd or 3rd button from the bottom on the right hand side of the phone).
Remember the extension number that shows on the screen…that is the extension you’ll be programming.
Now go to the reception/programming set and (using the phone diagram on our main blog page)…
- Dial Feature 266344
- Enter the password (usually 266344)
- Press Show
- Enter the extension number of the set you want to program
- Press Show
- Press Show again
- Press Show again. Now the display should say “Show Line”
- Enter the line number you’d like to add or remove (i.e. 01, 02 etc).
- Press the button under the word “Change” until the desired function is shown
- Appear only means that the line will flash on the phone, and you can answer and dial out, but the phone will not audibly ring for that line
- Appear and Ring means the line will show and ring for that line
- Unassigned means that the extension will not be able to make or receive calls on that line
If you want to change access for more lines, press Next until you see the line you’d like to change. Note that each line on the system must be programmed separately.
Press RLS to exit programming.